Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm a Failure....

I am a complete and utter failure. I'd love to get on here and say that isn't true exactly....but I am. I've been a failure, I didn't follow through and I failed. I started out on this workout routine, which I stuck to for a week....I only took one day off....and then the treadmill broke and I got my excuse.

Needless to say I have not worked out at all since then....and I have gained weight because I also stopped tracking my food like  I usually do, decreased my water consumption and replaced it with diet pop and coffee. Yay for me. Yeah not so much.

So I'm a failure this week. But at least I  know WHY I failed when it came to sticking to the workout routine I set for myself and why I failed when it comes to the scale.....so that is a victory in and of itself.....right? I have to remind myself that I can't expect to have a loss every week.....but of course I then remind myself back that I have lost and gained the same 3 pounds over the last month or so anyway. Then I have to remind myself that I can't expect myself to lose weight when I start working out because I'm building muscle...but lets face it, that is only partially true.

The truth is, I gave up before it was a habit. I gave up because it was hard and I wanted to have it easy....and I have paid the price on the scale for that. And I'm trying to learn that lesson and pick my big butt up and start again. You won't always have success in the forms you want to see it. You won't always have success. It IS hard. It IS hard work that takes dedication and determination and sometimes we are weak and sometimes we give up.

The only way to reverse the gaining trend I'm on right now is to refocus, rededicate, pick my big butt up and try again. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.....well neither was my fat butt....so it isn't going to be demolished and toned in a day, or a week either.

Yes, I will admit..... I am a complete and utter failure.......and that is ok as long as I don't let myself stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment